Thursday, April 17, 2003

Peacemaker: I am called to be one.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Matt 5:9
17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
James 3:17-18

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Excerpt from John White's 'The Fight':

"For prayer is not you trying to move God. Prayer is among other things being caught up into God's directions and activity. He orders the affairs of the universe, and he invites you to participate by prayer. Intercession is God and you in partnership, bringing his perfect plans into being."



Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Just called UCSF-UCB...I'm on 'high priority' list :P
This means that Maryland is the only one that hasn't put me on waitlist. Will keep sending interest letters.
New resolution: I wish I kept all the passages people have shared with me, through oral and email. From now on, I will record them and save them somewhere safe.
awww...akim that's a lovely story. Proud of you for owning up to cashier. Extra cookie, eh? Ever read the story of Hansel and Gretel? Be careful...be vewy careful!
Nope, no news of Merryland, Pittsburger, or ucksef...
I'm thuch a doofus.
I spilled cherry coke all over my documents and book for small group. No more sodas for me today!
Okay, I'm trying to memorize poetry spontaneously, so here goes (from memory)

I think I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;
A tree who (that) looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy hands to pray
A tree who (that in) in summer may wear
A nest of robins in her hair
Upon whose bosom snow has lain
And is intimate (who lives intimately) with the rain
Poems are made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree.

Okay...let's see how I did:
Not too bad...gotta work on two lines and a 'that'. Sweet.
So I've been running various scenarios through my mind on choosing a particular med school...
1) UC San Francisco-UC Berkeley
Beautiful campus, beautiful location, great tuition, awesome school. I see myself really enjoying life in the SanFran/Berkeley area. In terms of ministry, I don't know of too many places there, but I know of Shiloh Fellowship and East Bay (Jen's sis goes there). In terms of Mercy Missions, I would say reaching out to homeless and poor AIDS patients would be most likely. But I need to find a body there, and integrate, which will take time with the busy med school life.
2) University of Pittsburgh
Beautiful campus, beautiful location, horrible tuition price, awesome school. I would be seriously in debt coming here. But it's an awesome place to be, especially with Agape Life Church. I love the body there, and feel comfortable with the idea of serving there. Don't need to look for a church, since ALC is pretty similar to AMC. Plus, I get to visit my dear brothers and sisters in LHF whenever there's a big-enough event.
3) University of Maryland
Okay campus (beautiful hospital), ghetto location (gotta love it), standard tuition price, pretty good school. What can I say, I would be staying with my brothers and sisters in LHF. I will likely see the fruits of seed LHF has and will plant after my 4 years here. I am very comfortable getting around in Baltimore, and adjustment is almost nil, save for med school. And I already have a heart for the city, don't need to develop it.
4) Anywhere else
I would be very thankful even if I didn't get into the top 3. But really, it's too soon to say.
Just realized my 4/11/03 entry is super-ironic. :P
Awesome AOO worship last night. I think we needed it. It was like a super-injection of Holy Spirit passion into our vein. (I'm a medical nerd, I know). The previous AOO seemed more disjointed, although it was a blessing for each person to share their individual talents.
BSo has spring break...it's not fair! I want spring break too!

Monday, April 14, 2003

Just got back from a meeting. It was more fruitful than the last meeting with Carrier Medical Directors. In that we actually TALKED about what was on the agenda. But all in all, it's such a waste of time; too much nervousness about politics by the moderator. We couldn't get anything effective out of them.
Tonight: Blessing Kyung-Mee during and after recital, and blessing God during AOO. Super!
Axiom to Theorem of Love:
You play, are being played, or you don't play.

I choose the third option. How about you?
Theorem of Love:
Men look for physically attractive mates who can affirm their self-worth.
Women look for self-confident mates who make them feel protected and wanted.
85% of the case. The other 15% are reserved to unique personalities.
Part of this 15%: people who put God before their own wishes even in this subject matter